Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Little Piece of History

     DACHAU

     This weekend my husband and I were lucky enough to experience a true piece of history. I'm sure many of you like me studied the holocaust during school at some point in your life and although I'm sure you were horrified by the tragedy of the concentration camps I can honestly say there is nothing like seeing it with your own eyes and walking the grounds were those poor innocent people once stood. Just seeing the walls and fences as we were parking gave me chills. Here are a few pictures from our trip and a little background information:


Incinerator Room



Gas Chamber



Bunkers

This is were a lot of the murders and torture took place.

Some of the other things we were able to see were the remembrance room, the church, the actual bunks were the prisoners slept, the front gate, and so much more. I have more pictures on facebook if anyone would like to see the rest of them.

Front Gate


Arbeit Macht Frei:
Basically translates to work frees or work liberates






No comments:

Post a Comment